Instruction for Bike Riders.
- Wear a full mask good quality BIS approved helmet.
- Ensure that pillion rider also wears a hemlet of the same quality.
- Fasten the helmet rightly.
- Check the inflation of both front and rear tyres.
- Ensure the front and rear lights are functional.
- Give proper indications before turning.
- Switch off your indicators after turning.
- Use front and rear brakes simultaneously.
- Ride in the middle lane.
- Keep a sage distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Indulge in zig-zag riding.
- Overtake from the blind corners of a heavy vehicle or from the left side. It is highly dangerous.
- Apply brakes suddenly.
- Carry heavy loads or more than one person as pillion rider.
- Use cell phone while riding.
- Ride in the bus lane.
- Allow a minor to ride.
Instructions for Drivers of Four Wheelers.
- Ensure that co-passenger on the front seat and the driver has worn seat belt.
- Drive within the prescribed speed limit (Car-50,Bus/Truck-40).
- Drive in your lane.
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Use proper signal before taking a turn.
- use rear view mirror in your vehicle.
- Reduce speed of vehicle while approaching road crossing.
- Obey the signals given by traffic police.
- Use dimmer while driving at night time.
- Talk on mobile phone while driving.
- Allow children below years of age to sit on the front seat.
- Allow minors to drive.
- Smoke during driving.
- Engage your self in gossiping with other while driving.
- Overtake when there is no sufficient space.
- Overload your vehicle.
- Drive without license.
Instruction for the Pedestrians.
- Walk on any side of road if there are footpaths.
- On roads having no footpath, walk on extreme right side facing the oncoming traffic.
- Always use Zebra Crossing. Foot Over- Bridge & Subways to cross the road.
- Cross the road when the vehicles are at a safe distance.
- Wear light coloured dresses during night.
- Pedestrians should also obey traffic signals.
- Help the children, old people and handicapped persons to cross the road.
- While walking on the road, always notice the movement of vehicles.
- Do not cross the road in hurry or by running.
- Never cross the road in front of or in between parked vehicles.
- It is very dangerous to cross the road at blind corners turnings, etc where you are not visible to vehicle drivers.
- Do not jump over the railings to cross road.
- While crossing the road first look to the right and then look to the left and again to the right. After being ensured that there is no vehicle approaching you, cross the road. Don’t hesitate and change your decision suddenly.
- Don’t talk with others standing on the road.
Instructions for Cyclists
- Cycle must be fitted with standard gadgets bell, brakes, rear view mirror, both front & black mudguard painted white, reflective tapes affixed at the front & back.
- Use service road/cycle track, if available. Cycle should be on extreme left side of the road.
- Avoid busy roads.
- Keep a safe distance from fast motorized vehicles.
- Give proper indications before stopping or turning.
- Do not indulge in any kind of stunts.
- Do not load the cycle with another person or heavy goods.
- Do not ride holding on to fast moving vehicles.
- Do not ride parallel to another cycle.