Children are the most vulnerable and sensitive section of the society by reason of tenderness of mind and incapable of understanding what is wrong or right. All the Children should be safe, well cared for and loved. But, unfortunately,some children are abused or neglected in the hand of those who are charged with their care, and vulnerable children are exploited by the adults for their own ends. So, it is the duty of all us to protect children - be it the children who offend or who are in custody or street children and young runaways. If anyone of you find the children who you think is in need of care and protection may call in Childline 1098 which is completely a toll free and is working round the clock.
It works for the protection of the rights of all children in general. But its special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, which include:
- Street children and youth living alone on the streets.
- Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors.
- Domestic help, especially girl domestics.
- Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
- Children who need emotional support and guidance.
- Children of commercial sex workers
- Child victims of the flesh trade
- Victims of child trafficking
- Children abandoned by parents or guardians
- Missing children.
- Run away children.
- Children who are victims of substance abuse
- Differently-abled children
- Children in conflict with the law
- Children in institutions
- Mentally challenged children
- HIV/ AIDS infected children
- Children affected by conflict and disaster
- Child political refugees
- Children whose families are in crises